Saving an hour of sleep is nice, but testing your carbon monoxide detector can help save your life.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, tasteless and very deadly gas that is produced when fuels such as natural gas, propane, coal, heating fuel, gasoline and kerosene are burned. (more

When inhaled, carbon monoxide combines with the blood, preventing it from absorbing oxygen. Symptoms of CO poisoning may include headache, dizziness, nausea and extreme tiredness. In extreme cases, CO exposure may cause unconsciousness and death.

So when you turn your clock back an hour this weekend for Daylight Saving Time, remind yourself to also check your detector, and exchange the batteries for new ones.
Follow Us