Energy Savings Tips
- Install a programmable thermostat to save on both cooling and heating costs.
- Periodically replace air filters for your air conditioners and heating systems, clean air vents regularly and make sure drapes or furniture does not block any of the vents or returns.
- Use your window shades. Close them on sunny summer days and open the shades in the winter to allow the sunlight to help heat your rooms.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. Consider using a smart power strip, which reduces your power usage by shutting down power to products that go into standby mode.
- Run bathroom vent fans after a shower. They're great at getting rid of humid air.
- Change to new and improved energy-efficient LEDs for your lighting.
- Purchase new appliances and other consumer products that have the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Use adequate insulation in your attic, ceilings, walls, floors and crawlspaces. Seal air leaks with caulk and use weather stripping around exterior doors and windows.