Ameren's Facebook Community Guidelines
Welcome to Ameren’s Facebook community. We’re here to listen, educate and build relationships. We invite you to share your thoughts and questions, and ask that you follow Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities as well as these community guidelines when posting.
We’re committed to responding to questions and comments in a timely manner during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Please note that this space is not designed for reporting emergencies. Outages, downed lines and gas leaks can be reported 24/7 at 800.755.5000 (in Illinois) or 800.552.7583 (in Missouri). If you suspect a gas leak, leave the premises immediately and get to a safe location before calling to report.
To ensure this community is useful and a safe environment for everyone, please follow these guidelines:
- Treat fellow community members with respect. Do not post deceptive, misleading, unlawful, harmful, harassing, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, racist, sexist, discriminatory or hateful content.
- Protect your personal information, as well as that of others. Avoid posting information such as addresses or account numbers where other community members could see it.
- Do not post commercial solicitations, advertisements or spam.
- Do not link to content containing viruses or any code designed to interrupt, harm, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware.
- Adhere to local, state, national and international laws. Do not infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
Please report posts that violate these guidelines or Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. As the administrator of this page, Ameren reserves all rights to address content that undermines this page’s purposes, including without limitation, deleting excessive or obscene or abusive wall postings, and blocking access by misusers.
When you post on our page, you give us non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use any materials that you post. The graphics, photos, logos and videos displayed by Ameren on its social media are the exclusive property of Ameren Corporation which reserves all of its ownership rights to the full extent of the law. Use of Ameren’s exclusive property without its written consent may expose the user to legal liability depending on the circumstances of the use.
The appearance of links, posts or comments does not constitute an Ameren endorsement. User content does not necessarily reflect the opinions, ideas or positions of Ameren, its affiliates or its employees. Similarly, Ameren does not necessarily endorse the views expressed, or the facts presented by any non-authorized Ameren representative, or any third party links or posts. This page does contain links to third-party sites, which we provide because they have information that may be of interest to our Facebook community and visitors. These third-party sites are not under ownership of Ameren Corporation and are not governed by Ameren’s policies or guidelines.
If you are an Ameren co-worker, remember that only employees authorized by the Company may post content on behalf of the Company. When posting content here, remember that the Ameren Corporation Social Media Policy and our Guiding Principles apply. Questions unique to Ameren co-workers will be redirected internally at Ameren, if appropriate. IMPORTANT: Ameren’s Facebook community guidelines and its social media policies do not apply to prevent, restrain or interfere with employee activities protected by the National Labor Relations Act, for example, employees’ rights to communicate regarding wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of their employment.