Terms & Conditions
Ameren.com Website and Mobile Application
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION. Your use of the Ameren Corporation (“Ameren”) website (the “Website”) as well as any of Materials located thereon (as hereinafter defined) and mobile application (the "application") is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using the Website, application or Materials you signify your assent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions, you must not use the Website or application.
- OWNERSHIP. Except for items in the public domain, the information and all other materials comprising the Website or application, including any of the products or services located thereon (collectively, the "Materials"), are wholly owned by (or licensed to) Ameren, an affiliate of Ameren, and/or its content providers. The Website and application contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information. Ameren owns a copyright in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the Website and application. Nothing contained on this Website or application should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Materials without the written permission of Ameren or such other party that may own the Materials.
- USE OF WEBSITE AND APPLICATION. Except for your non-commercial personal use, the Website and Materials or application may not, in whole or in part, be sold, reproduced, published or redistributed in any medium, directly or indirectly, for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Unauthorized use of the Website or application and/or the Materials may violate applicable intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the Materials. The use of such Materials on any other website or application or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
As a condition of your use of the Website or Materials or application, you warrant that you will not use the Website or application for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Website or application in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or application or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website or application. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any Materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website or application.
By uploading or otherwise submitting a file or other information ("Contribution") to the Website or application, you automatically grant, or warrant that the copyright owner of the Contribution has expressly granted, to Ameren and its affiliates a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly display, modify, store, create derivative works from, and/or distribute the Contribution (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any medium now known or hereafter developed, as if the Contribution were public domain information. You similarly permit any Internet user to download, store, manipulate, view, print and display the Contribution for that user’s personal use.
Notwithstanding the above, the foregoing provisions concerning use of Contributions by Ameren and its affiliates shall not apply to files or other information that is uploaded or otherwise submitted by vendors accessing the Website or application for the purpose of conducting electronic commerce on Ameren's ebusiness.ameren.com website or mobile application.
- AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use the Website or application and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of the Website or the Materials or application. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of the Website and Materials or application by you and those using your login information.
- ACCOUNT ACCESS. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the integrity of your online account access UserID and Password. You further agree to only establish online account access for your own account(s) or for those accounts to which you have been granted express permission to access. Ameren is not liable for damages or losses incurred by either the account owner or the user in the event that a user establishes account access to an account which is not his/hers and for which he/she has not been granted permission to access by the account owner. You understand and agree to notify Ameren immediately if you believe your UserID and/or Password has been compromised.
- NO WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Your use of the Website and Materials or application is at your sole risk. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the downloading and/or use of files, data or other material (including software) obtained through the Website or application. Ameren strives to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on the Website and application, however due to various circumstances, including, but not limited to, delays caused by postal handling, upgrades and/or changes to Ameren’s bill and payment processing system there may be variances between the information available on the Website or application and your actual bill and payment information, energy usage history or other statistical data. For this reason, neither Ameren nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers can guarantee the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any information provided on or by means of the Website, including Materials located thereon, or application.
THE WEBSITE AND APPLICATION, MATERIALS AND THE CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND NEITHER AMEREN NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THE LIKE MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION THEREOF. No oral advice or written information given to you by Ameren or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents, or the like shall create any warranty. Neither Ameren nor any of its content providers, agents, or the like warrants that access to, or use of, the Website or application will be uninterrupted, virus free, or error-free, or that the Website or application (including, without limitation, any content and Materials on the Website or application) will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. AMEREN, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, REASONABLE CARE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT AMEREN KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS OTHERWISE IN FACT AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE), IN EACH INSTANCE IN RESPECT OF THE WEBSITE OR APPLICATION. FURTHERMORE, AMEREN, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE WEBSITE AND APPLICATION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Ameren and all of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents and the like, in each instance will not be liable for (a) any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and/or special damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use, the Website and Materials or application, and you hereby waive any claims with respect thereto, whether based on contractual, tort or other grounds, even if Ameren has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and/or (b) damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any file, in each instance whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. For further clarity, in all events, Ameren Corporation and all of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents and the like shall not be liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users of the Internet. Some jurisdictions do not allow implied warranties to be excluded or modified or liability to be limited, so not all of the above limitations may apply to you.
You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of this Section 7 and Section 6 above represent a reasonable allocation of the risks under this Agreement. Ameren's willingness to allow you to use the Website and application reflects this allocation of risk and the limitations of liability specified herein.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify Ameren and all of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents and the like, in each instance from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees), and/or damages arising out of claims based upon your use of the Website and application including, without limitation, any claim of libel, defamation, violation of legal rights of others (including rights of privacy or publicity), loss of service by other subscribers and/or infringement of intellectual property or other rights.
- LINKS. The Website or application may contain links to websites or applications operated by parties other than Ameren. Such links are provided for your reference only. Ameren does not control such websites and applications and is not responsible for their contents. Neither Ameren, nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents and the like make any representation or warranty regarding any other websites or applications or the contents or materials on such websites or applications. The Website’s and application's inclusion of links to other websites and applications does not imply Ameren’s endorsement of the material on such websites or applications or any association with their operators. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
- FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENT DISCLOSURE. Statements made on this Website that are not based on historical facts are considered “forward-looking” and, accordingly, involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed. Although such forward-looking statements have been made in good faith and are based on reasonable assumptions, there is no assurance that the expected results will be achieved. These statements include (without limitation) statements as to future expectations, beliefs, plans, strategies, objectives, events, conditions, and financial performance. In connection with the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Ameren is providing this cautionary statement to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. In addition to factors discussed on this Website, Ameren’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and its other reports filed with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 contain a list of factors and a discussion of risks which could cause actual results to differ materially from management expectations suggested in such “forward-looking” statements. All “forward-looking” statements included in this presentation are based upon information presently available, and Ameren, except to the extent required by the federal securities laws, undertakes no obligation to update or revise publicly any “forward-looking” statements to reflect new information or current events.
Stock quotes are time delayed and should not be used for real-time investment decisions. All postings are subject to this notice regarding forward-looking statements and these terms and conditions. The Website does not include any offer to sell, nor any solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities. The financial information in the Site Content is not complete, and should not be used for any purpose as complete, accurate, or current financial information
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the state of Missouri, United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in St. Louis County, the state of Missouri, United States of America, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this Website or application and interpretation of these terms and conditions.
- NO WAIVER. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce strict performance by the other party of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and Ameren nor the trade practice shall modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- MODIFICATION. Ameren may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of this Website or application will indicate your agreement to be governed by the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY TO CERTAIN PORTIONS OF THE WEBSITE OR APPLICATION, AND YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY SUCH OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES. All contents of the Website and application are Copyright © 2013 Ameren Corporation and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved. Product and company names mentioned in the Website and application are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on this Website or application.
CHAT. Chat is an online service that allows customers of Ameren to speak with customer service representatives of Ameren about their account.
As with any online service, there is some level of risk when communicating over the Internet. In using Chat you understand that the information that you submit via a Chat session will be documented and retained by the third party that Ameren has contracted with to provide the Chat feature. While Ameren is committed to your privacy and will make reasonable efforts to keep the information you submit confidential, we cannot guarantee that such information will remain inaccessible. If you choose to use Chat, you disclaim any claims against Ameren its employees or agents arising out of the information shared with us.
Ameren.com Website and Mobile Application
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Ameren website (the “Website”) or mobile application (the "application") for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Ameren does not require that you register or provide information to generally view the Website or application. Registration may, however, be necessary to use certain areas of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or application, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or with the application, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Ameren has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Ameren has the right to suspend or terminate your registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website or application (or any portion thereof).
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, your computer can be identified by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. Ameren collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Website or application and to maintain and improve the Website and application. IP addresses may also be used to deliver information and marketing materials to your computer. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Website, the application, customers or others.
- WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Ameren collects the information described above via the Website or application. In the case of third party features such as links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Ameren is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General. Ameren uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and application, and to measure topics of interest. This allows Ameren to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website and application experience as well as provide you with information and marketing materials you may be interested in based on the information collected. Ameren Corporation may also use your email address to send you information about new features and services, to share information about energy conservation programs and to provide you with conservation tips, or to send you information about special offers from Ameren’s partners, unless you indicate on the registration screen that you do not wish to receive this type of information. We may also combine information obtained online (e.g. through registration as a customer, participation in social media and/or signing up for specific services or information) with other information we have obtained from or about you through other means (e.g. through our call centers) and maintain that information in your profile.
We might also use this information to respond to emails, provide customer support, enforce Terms and Conditions or other similar matters. Aggregate information is also used to help us run and maintain the Website and application, study traffic patterns and generally learn about the usage of the Website and application.
Unrelated Companies. Ameren occasionally provides limited customer information to companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. We also work with service providers and analytics companies (e.g. Webtrends) who help us to analyze traffic at an aggregate and/or individual level and help us understand user behavior and provide you and other users with information. We may share with third-party providers such as social media networks a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to help us measure and tailor the information and services provided to you.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
- CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of registration, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Website or application and about special offers from Ameren’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information.
It is important to know that you provide information to us through your activities in Ameren social media. You may provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your postings to a forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions) that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While we strive to protect our user's personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Ameren will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s prior consent. Ameren will also allow the parent or guardian of a registered user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Website or application. A child's personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult's information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child's information, please email Ameren at email@example.com.
- HOW YOU MAY ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your registration information, please log in your account at Ameren.com and go to the “Manage Profile” tab in our Customer Service Center. This will enable you to review and update any of your registration information.
- SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to protect the security of your personal data and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological, physical and procedural methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Ameren will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Learn more about Ameren’s security measures in this section of the website.
A dedicated Ameren Information Technology (IT) Security group oversees the information security needs and risks at Ameren Corporation on all fronts, internally and externally. Although no one can guarantee a transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, we are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take the following measures to protect your information:
- Ameren uses a combination of firewalls and intrusion detection devices to protect and control Internet traffic. These devices are monitored around the clock to provide protection.
- Ameren participates in external and internal security audits throughout the year.
- Ameren actively uses security alerts, tools and patches from agencies such as SANS, ICS/US-CERT, Bugtraq, Microsoft, and others to enhance our configuration management, threat monitoring, and security patching programs.
- Ameren uses content filtering and virus scanning software to monitor all web and email traffic. Ameren has the right, but not the duty, to monitor email for unlawful activities.
- Ameren uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt information transmitted over the Internet.
- When you register to login and access your account information, Ameren uses the most secure form of encryption generally available for internet providers. The secured sections of Ameren.com use SSL and can only be viewed if your browser has 128-bit encryption.
We hope this information has helped your understand Ameren's security policies. If you have further concerns, please direct them to the Webmaster.